Pinned Items
Recent Activities
  •   Cary Horning reacted to this post about 6 days ago
    Less then 1 month and I will be able to announce my BIG NEWS!!
    Post is under moderation
    Stream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.
  •   Kim Kenyon reacted to this post about 1 week ago
    Samantha Sewell created a new event

Vernon Autism Walk 2024

The Vernon Autism Walk will once again take place on Sunday, April 21st, in Polson Park.
    A fun-filled awareness celebration of all those in our lives with Autism, Kiki the eco Elf, Miss Universal Global International, Face Painting, Art and so much more vendors and special guests will be present...
    The Vernon Autism Walk will once again take place on Sunday, April 21st, in Polson Park.
    A fun-filled awareness celebration of all those in our lives with Autism, Kiki the eco Elf, Miss Universal Global International, Face Painting, Art and so much more vendors and special guests will be present!
    Hot dog lunch will be available by donation!
    This year there will also be a free draw to win a child/youth camp entry to a camp of your choice!
    Go online to buy a 50/50 raffle ticket:
    Ticket sales start: Friday April 12 at 9am
    Ticket Sales End: Sunday April 21 at 2:30pm
    Draw to be held: Sunday April 21 at 3pm
    More
    21st Apr, 2024 1:00PM
    Post is under moderation
  •   Cary Horning reacted to this post about 1 week ago
    Samantha Sewell uploaded a new video
    64th Annual Vernon Winter Carnival - Parade 2024

The 64th Vernon Winter Carnival parade took place on February 3rd, 2024! We were thrilled to see Shaw once again film the parade live with commentary by local dignitaries. This was the longest parade in Vernon I have ever...

The 64th Vernon Winter Carnival parade took place on February 3rd, 2024! We were thrilled to see Shaw once again film the parade live with commentary by local dignitaries. This was the longest parade in Vernon I have ever participated in, the parade itself took about an hour to get through all entries, and to be honest it took all of that to be in the parade as well! 
    The streets were lined with people, in some places about 20 people thick!
    It was great to see all entries featured in the video this year as well!

More
    Post is under moderation
  •   Andrea Horning reacted to this post about 2 weeks ago
    Enderby Kraft Hockeyville Celebration

The town of Enderby recently was a finalist in the annual Kraft Hockeyville competition, and while they did not come out on top, they certainly made a big impact. On March 30th they found out the result via a life...

The town of Enderby recently was a finalist in the annual Kraft Hockeyville competition, and while they did not come out on top, they certainly made a big impact. On March 30th they found out the result via a life broadcast to the Area. Kraft Hockeyville is a nationwide competition that celebrates the spirit of community and the love for hockey.Enderby was a finalist in the event (top 4) for their love of hockey and for needing a new arena, as the arena has been closed since September. The town came together to support their top four plcement, demonstrating the strong community spirit that Enderby is known for. Despite not winning the top prize, the participation in Kraft Hockeyville brought the community closer together and fostered a sense of pride and togetherness!

More
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon commented on this post about 4 weeks ago
    Visiting the Coco cola classic 2024
    Between February 8th and February 11th 2024, the Vernon, Kaltire Place was packed with pewee hockey players from all across British Columbia for the annual Coca-Cola classic hockey tournament. One of my favourite things...
    Between February 8th and February 11th 2024, the Vernon, Kaltire Place was packed with pewee hockey players from all across British Columbia for the annual Coca-Cola classic hockey tournament. One of my favourite things about this tournament is that there are female and male teams competing! 
    While I was away for the official opening ceremonies, I was able to stop by during the start of the tournament and see a few of the games. 
    A fun fact about these games and I is that when I was 10 years old, I was able to be the flag barrier for the games, holding the Canadian flag for the opening, back when it was in the civic areas (which is now no more)!

More
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon reacted to this post about 1 month ago

Swan Lake Nursery Easter Egg Hunt 2024

Get ready for an egg-citing Easter event at the Swan Lake Nursery!
    On April 3rd, families are invited to join in the Annual Easter egg hunt which kicks off at 11:30 sharp. Children will have the opportunity to search for hidden Easter eggs throughout the Swan Lake Nursery nursery.

In additio...
    Get ready for an egg-citing Easter event at the Swan Lake Nursery!
    On April 3rd, families are invited to join in the Annual Easter egg hunt which kicks off at 11:30 sharp. Children will have the opportunity to search for hidden Easter eggs throughout the Swan Lake Nursery nursery.

In addition to the egg hunt, families can indulge in a delicious hot dog lunch, and Mini donuts which will be on site.
    The nursery will also be offering the opportunity to take pictures with the Easter Bunny, making for an easter tradition.

Adding to the festivities, the Vernon Community Music School will provide live music during the event!
    More
    30th Mar, 2024 11:00AM
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon reacted to this post about 1 month ago

Vernon Comic Con 2024

Vernon Comic Con Returns for Another Year at New Location - Vernon Rec Centre, inside the Dog wood gym!

One of the highlights of this year's event is the notable date, May the 4th, as in May the FORTH be with you!
    Show off your cosplay by dressing as your favorite fictional character, and joi...
    Vernon Comic Con Returns for Another Year at New Location - Vernon Rec Centre, inside the Dog wood gym!

One of the highlights of this year's event is the notable date, May the 4th, as in May the FORTH be with you!
    Show off your cosplay by dressing as your favorite fictional character, and join fellow attendees in bringing the spirit of popular culture to life through cosplay. There will even be an opportunity for cosplayers to go on stage and showcase their looks (pre-registration is required)
    Tickets that year are priced at just $5 each at the door.
    Let your love for comics, movies, and all things geek shine bright as you join in this community event.
    More
    4th May, 2024 10:00AM - America/Dawson_Creek
    Post is under moderation
  •   Samantha Sewell commented on this post about 1 month ago

Kalamalka Fly Fishers free kids fishing weekend 2024

Kalamalka Fly Fishers, a local fishing club in Vernon, British Columbia, is gearing up to host their annual Free Fishing weekend for children aged 4-14. This highly anticipated event is a great opportunity for young anglers to learn about the sport of fishing and enjoy a day of outdoor fun.

Th...
    Kalamalka Fly Fishers, a local fishing club in Vernon, British Columbia, is gearing up to host their annual Free Fishing weekend for children aged 4-14. This highly anticipated event is a great opportunity for young anglers to learn about the sport of fishing and enjoy a day of outdoor fun.

The event, which will take place at Polson Park Pond (by the Ogopogo Statue), promises to provide a memorable experience for all participants. Thanks to the support of the Freshwater Fisheries of BC 1000 Rainbow trout will be stocked in the pond, ensuring that there will be plenty of fish for the young anglers to catch.

In addition to the abundance of fish, the club will also be providing bait and fish cleaning services, making it easy for children to get involved and enjoy the experience without any hassle (children do not have to watch or be near fish cleaning).

The Kalamalka Fly Fishers are dedicated to promoting the sport of fly fishing and conservation efforts in the community.
    The event will take place on Saturday, May 4, 2024, from 9 am - 4 pm and Sunday, May 5th, from 9 am - 3 pm!
    More
    4th May, 2024 9:00AM - America/Dawson_Creek
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon commented on this post about 1 month ago
    Behind the Scenes: L'Amore Bridal and Formals at the Kelowna Bridal Expo

Kelowna Bridal Expo 2022: The Ultimate Wedding Fair Discover the hottest bridal trends, stunning wedding gowns, and a variety of vendors at the Kelowna Bridal Expo brought to you by L'Amore Bridal and Formals. Get...

Kelowna Bridal Expo 2022: The Ultimate Wedding Fair Discover the hottest bridal trends, stunning wedding gowns, and a variety of vendors at the Kelowna Bridal Expo brought to you by L'Amore Bridal and Formals. Get inspired by fashion shows, find the perfect suppliers, and explore the diverse range of food and other wedding essentials that will make your special day unforgettable. Join us at the most anticipated bridal event of the year!

More
    Post is under moderation
  •   Samantha Sewell commented on this post about 1 month ago
    Ice Sculpture competition 2024

This year due to unseasonably expected weather the BC snow sculpture competition was changed to an Ice sculpture competition, with one sculptor creating all of the designs in just a few days! Following the Vernon Winter...

This year due to unseasonably expected weather the BC snow sculpture competition was changed to an Ice sculpture competition, with one sculptor creating all of the designs in just a few days! Following the Vernon Winter Carnival theme of Games, we saw a variety of video games, and card and board games expressed into ice!

More
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon commented on this post about 1 month ago
    Some BIG news was just given to me,
    I cant share yet BUT it is BIG!!! ‏ — feeling speechless
    Post is under moderation
  •   Andrea Horning reacted to this post about 2 months ago
    Vernon Winter Carnival 2024 | Raising Stars Preschool

We are so proud of our preschoolers' Vernon Winter Carnival Society performances yesterday! As a screen-free centre we went with age-appropriate games which help children's development, critical thinking, turn-taking, and...

We are so proud of our preschoolers' Vernon Winter Carnival Society performances yesterday! As a screen-free centre we went with age-appropriate games which help children's development, critical thinking, turn-taking, and mathematic skills! Remember play is ALWAYS more than just play. We will find out the results on Tuesday!!We are so proud of our preschoolers' Vernon Winter Carnival Society performances yesterday! As a screen-free centre we went with age-appropriate games which help children's development, critical thinking, turn-taking, and mathematic skills! Remember play is ALWAYS more than just play. We will find out the results on Tuesday!!

More
    Post is under moderation
  •   Lisa Muldoon reacted to this post about 2 months ago
    Vernon Winter carnival Balloon Glow 2024

On February 2nd, the Vernon Winter Carnival was kicked off with the annual Balloon GLOW! While it was a bit foggy and hard to see on camera, the balloons were up, glowing, and the community came out to celebrate the...

On February 2nd, the Vernon Winter Carnival was kicked off with the annual Balloon GLOW! While it was a bit foggy and hard to see on camera, the balloons were up, glowing, and the community came out to celebrate the carnival!
    Vernon Winter Carnival 2024 has over 100 events across Vernon, BC, some being free, like the balloon glow, and some needing tickets/cost entry fees.
    Between February 1st and February 10th, visit the Vernon Winter Carnival events!

More
    • Too bad about the fog, but alas who can control the weather. So interesting to see the balloons coming down and seeing how large they really are,Too bad about the fog, but alas who can control the weather. So interesting to see the balloons coming down and seeing how large they really are, must take a lot of hot air to get them up, up, and away!  More ...
      Reported
    • Kim Kenyon Honesty in person it looked very cool with the fog
      Reported
    Post is under moderation
  • Greg Girard is now friends with Samantha Sewell
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon commented on this post about 2 months ago
    Lots of #VWC and #NYFW action coming up this week!
    Stay tuned for several videos of Supporting Local Tourism dropping. And Airport videos of Supporting Tourism!
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon commented on this post about 3 months ago
    #BestVolunteeroftheyear
    Post is under moderation
  • So many community options!! Love that small towns/cities are being recognized!!

1. View Post →
    Post is under moderation
  • Stream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.
  •   Cora Lee Rennie commented on this post about 4 months ago
    CPKC Holiday Train Salmon Arm 2023

December 15th at the 25th Anniversary of #CPKCholidaytrain in Salmon Arm, BC! As a CP Rail child, this event always means so much to me and brings back so many memories from childhood! Watching Kiesza and Tyler Shaw live...

December 15th at the 25th Anniversary of #CPKCholidaytrain in Salmon Arm, BC! As a CP Rail child, this event always means so much to me and brings back so many memories from childhood! Watching Kiesza and Tyler Shaw live on the train stage! Both are phenomenal Canadian singers and are putting on these free concerts in support of local food banks!
    Fun fact Kiesza's song "Hideaway" was the song I listened to just before I went into my winning Miss Universal Global Pageant interview this summer!

More
    Post is under moderation
  •   Janet Guthrie reacted to this post about 4 months ago

Vernon Winter Carnival Best Decorated Premises 2023

The annual Vernon IWNter Carnival best-decorated premise contest is back with this year's theme "games"!
    Businesses downtown and around Vernon compete in decorating their premises and windows, putting on performances, and wearing costumes for the title of "Best decorated." The Vernon Winter Car...
    The annual Vernon IWNter Carnival best-decorated premise contest is back with this year's theme "games"!
    Businesses downtown and around Vernon compete in decorating their premises and windows, putting on performances, and wearing costumes for the title of "Best decorated." The Vernon Winter Carnival sends photographers and judges to judge the decor and will award titles in each business category, overall kinds of decorations, and an overall prize!
    More
    30th Jan, 2024 2:00PM - America/Dawson_Creek
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon commented on this post about 4 months ago
    Countdown to Carnival 2023

On November 25th, the Vernon Winter Carnival put on the Count down to the Carnival celebration! Winter Carnival for 2024 will be themed to "Carnival of Games" and is happening from February 1st - 10th!
    This countdown to...

On November 25th, the Vernon Winter Carnival put on the Count down to the Carnival celebration! Winter Carnival for 2024 will be themed to "Carnival of Games" and is happening from February 1st - 10th!
    This countdown to carnival welcomed back a new and improved Jopo (he now talks!), a yeti, the carnival jail, the carnival float, and so many amazing vendors. It was a great day to see so many locals come out and celebrate Carnival's countdown!

More
    Post is under moderation
  • Oh my goodness!
    I have been voted in the top 3 for Vernon's Best Citizen, favourite celebrity, and top Volunteer!
    My preschool ( Raising Stars Preschool Ltd. ) is also in the top 3 for Best Place to Work and for Best...
    Oh my goodness!
    I have been voted in the top 3 for Vernon's Best Citizen, favourite celebrity, and top Volunteer!
    My preschool ( Raising Stars Preschool Ltd. ) is also in the top 3 for Best Place to Work and for Best Daycare! Please vote for me and Raising Stars Daily!!
     https://vernonmatters.ca/bob-awards-2024/#//
    More
    Post is under moderation
  • Is there any other towns not doing (Or have not announced) a town holiday light up?
    Post is under moderation
  •   Samantha Sewell commented on this post about 5 months ago

Vernon Winter Carnival 2024

Western Canada's Largest WInter Carnival is BACK!! This year, they are celebrating their theme of "Games.
    The events that happen through the 10-day event have not been announced yet. Stay tuned for all the events to be released in late November or early December and for tickets to go on sale!
    2nd Feb, 2024 7:00PM - America/Dawson_Creek
    Post is under moderation
  •   Diana Mohrsen reacted to this post about 5 months ago

Countdown to Carnival 2023

Vernon Winter Carnival celebrates 67 days until its 2024 event by doing a countdown holiday-style event!
    A night of family, vendors, lights, hot chocolate, hot cider, food trucks and more!
    Announced for this year are Performances by the Beristo school choir and Seaton High School choir!
    There...
    Vernon Winter Carnival celebrates 67 days until its 2024 event by doing a countdown holiday-style event!
    A night of family, vendors, lights, hot chocolate, hot cider, food trucks and more!
    Announced for this year are Performances by the Beristo school choir and Seaton High School choir!
    There will also be a live carving event; we are hoping this is ice carving as seen in the past!

This free event is perfect for family and friends to celebrate the season and Vernon WInter Carnival!
    More
    25th Nov, 2023 4:00PM
    Post is under moderation
  •   Kim Kenyon commented on this post about 5 months ago
    Raising Stars Preschool Davidson Orchards Trip 2023

Davidson Orchards Pumpkin Patch

Raising Stars Preschool gets their Halloween On

Raising Stars Preschool took its annual trip to Davidson Orchards on October 29, 2023 in Vernon British Columbia Canada! Davidson Orchards...

Raising Stars Preschool gets their Halloween On

Raising Stars Preschool took its annual trip to Davidson Orchards on October 29, 2023 in Vernon British Columbia Canada! Davidson Orchards is a perfect place for families and the public to experience fall flair, fun, and excitement, including a fall train/ tractor ride and you-pick pumpkins at a pumpkin patch. 

I think the pumpkin patch as always, is a big hit with our preschoolers!
    This is exciting and fun for all ages. 

Vernon, BC, Canada Halloween Event
    More
    Post is under moderation
  •   Sonya Richmond reacted to this post about 6 months ago

23rd Annual Great Pumpkin Weigh In

Presented by the Armstrong Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by the Armstrong Kin Club, the Great Pumpkin Weigh In contest will be held Saturday October 7th.
    Weigh-in will be from 9 to 11 a.m. and there are categories for adults and children 12 and under.
    All pumpkins will be on di...
    Presented by the Armstrong Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by the Armstrong Kin Club, the Great Pumpkin Weigh In contest will be held Saturday October 7th.
    Weigh-in will be from 9 to 11 a.m. and there are categories for adults and children 12 and under.
    All pumpkins will be on display to the public from 12pm - 2pm.
    Winner in the adult category will take home $500 and winner in the children’s category will take home $100.
    Entry forms are available at the chamber office or email manager@aschamber.com
    A big THANK YOU to Mike Paull who has lifted and weighed pumpkins since we started the festival!!!!
    And to Armstrong Spallumcheen Parks and Rec for providing equipment to lift these giants!
    This event made possible through financial support from the Government of Canada Canadian Heritage.
    More
    7th Oct, 2023 9:00AM
    Post is under moderation
There are no activities here yet

Photo Galleries

No photos available
No photos available
Unable to load tooltip content.