The community of Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada is smack dab in the middle of nature surrounded by national, provincial and community parks, man-made lakes, alpine mountains and waterway rivers.
The Selkirk and Monashee Mountains surround the community. The Columbia and Illecillewaet Rivers are the two waterways flowing into the community.
Upper Arrow Lake and Lake Revelstoke are the two man-made lakes anchoring the community. Each mountain, river and lake plays a big part in the type of activities and attractions enjoyed when visiting Revelstoke.
There is soooo much to see and do in the region that it makes it hard to decide on what to see and where to go when on a limited time schedule.
Let us help you decide on what to see and do when in the community. Why… because we have researched, pretty much everything, and if we had one day to explore in the region this would be our Top 5 Things we would do.
– Mount Revelstoke National Park : You can drive to the top of the mountain and along the way visit two amazing lookout points, picnic sites and short hiking trails. Located at the top of the mountain there is a fantastic trail which leads to more views and some more wilderness jaw-dropping scenery. ( more information )
– Begbie Falls : Everyone likes waterfalls, however, in many cases to access the falls requires a hike. Not the Begbie Falls… these falls you can travel a gravel road to a parking area and take a short trail down some stairs to a viewpoint overlooking the falls. The mist from the falls, on a hot day, is so refreshing. Be careful because as you get closer to the falls the stairs are slippery due to the mist. ( more information )
– Shelter Bay Provincial Park : The park is a recreation park situated on Upper Arrow Lake located south of the community of Revelstoke BC. The park is a popular destination for people who enjoy cycling, fishing, mountain biking, canoeing, horseback riding, swimming, boating, wind surfing and water skiing. ( more information )
– Blanket Creek Provincial Park : The park is a recreation destination situated on the western shores of Upper Arrow Lake which is located south of the community of Revelstoke, BC, Canada. The lake park protects 318 hectares of sensitive habitat that surrounds Blanket Creek and Sutherland Falls. The Sutherland Falls Hiking Trail is the most popular as it leads to a 12 metre high waterfall. The short, almost 1 kilometre trail, is an easy grade hike leading to a viewpoint that should take no more than 5 -10 minutes to complete one way. ( more information )
– Day Drive : Highway #23 travels into the community of Revelstoke and in a north-south direction along the Columbia River which forms Upper Arrow Lake and Lake Revelstoke. Along the route are some of the parks listed above. The highway is a must-see sightseeing route with many opportunities for lake scenery, mountain views and wildlife sightings like mountain goats, Big Horn Sheep and others. ( more information )