Join Us in the Kootenays : Koot-Loop Road Trip 2.0
“During this East Kootenay road trip we will be staying with accommodations, partaking in adventure activities like river rafting, hiking, birding, history, houseboating and visiting a wolf sanctuary.”
Wow! Do we ever live in a beautiful country. You guys and gals around the globe have no idea how much we, here at ehCanadaTravel.com, love sharing it with you. We sure do hope that some day you can visit our country and see for yourself. But for now it is up to people like us and others to share it with you. Lucky for you we do that well. We have no problem teasing you with photos, video and stories so you have to come to Canada and play with us.
We just got home from our Koot Loop Road Trip 1.0 which entailed visiting with the West Kootenay communities of Nakusp, Winlaw (Slocan Valley), Nelson and Kaslo, British Columbia, Canada. We took some wicked photos, met with some quality tourism operators and captured some awe inspiring video. Some of which will be used for our website. Lots will be shared with you on our upcoming blog posts. And… we will be broadcasting it on video on our new ehTV channel on YouTube.
Now we are planning our second leg of our Kootenay adventure we like to call the Koot Loop Road Trip 2.0. On this upcoming leg of our adventure we aim to visit the East Kootenay communities of Golden, Spillimacheen, Radium Hot Springs, Cranbrook and possibly Creston, British Columbia, Canada. How cool is that! During this road trip we will be staying with accommodations, partaking in adventure activities like river rafting, hiking, birding, history, houseboating and visiting a wolf sanctuary.
Last summer we researched Saint Johns, New Brunswick, Canada and the year before that we visited Prince Edward Island, Canada. Now we are back on the west coast of Canada doing what we do best – talking Canadian travel and adventures.
Below we have listed the communities, accommodations and adventure companies in which we will be staying and exploring with. We will be clicking photos left-right-and-centre. We will be running video capturing scenery, interpretive talk and, of course, bloopers. Make sure to sign up for the email mailing list on our blog (to your right) so you do not miss an upcoming adventure during this summer.
Below are the stay and play businesses we will be exploring with on this leg of the Koot Loop Road Trip 2.0 covering the East Kootenays.
GOLDEN, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
1. Kicking Horse Lodge : http://www.khrl.com/ : Snuggled amid the Rocky and Purcell Mountains, Golden’s Kicking Horse River Lodge provides an escape from your routine work week. Moments from six national parks, the setting is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream come true.
2. Northern Lights Wolf Centre : http://www.northernlightswildlife.com/ : Come join one of our Interpretive talks about wolves and their role in a healthy ecosystem offered daily to visitors from around the world. Custom educational programs for groups and schools. Photographers and documentary work welcome. COME MEET THE PACK.
SPILLIMACHEEN, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
3. Steamboat Mountain Chalets : http://steamboatchalets.com/ : Our romantic cabins are 25 minutes from Radium Hot Springs, have magnificent views of the Canadian Rockies. Each cozy bungalow has a private deck. Relax and watch bald eagles, hummingbirds and osprey soar over-head while listening to the symphony of birds singing.
RADIUM HOT SPRINGS, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA https://www.ehcanadatravel.com/british-columbia/kootenays/radium-hot-springs.html
4. Mountainside Vacation Villa : http://www.mountainsidevillas.com/ : An exclusive Golf Course Development comprising 116 fully furnished one- and two-bedroom villas offering privacy, comfort and magnificent scenery .Nestled amongst the wooded slopes of the spectacular Rocky Mountains with mountain and golf course view
5. Kootenay River Runners : http://www.raftingtherockies.com/ : Since the mid 70’s, we have introduced adventurous travelers to whitewater rafting in BC. You have the choice of Kicking Horse River, Kootenay River, Columbia River and Toby Creek. These rivers carve their way through some of the most impressive mountain landscapes in the Canadian Rockies.
CRANBROOK, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
6. Sunshine Houseboats : http://sunshinehouseboats.com/ : We are located at Lake Koocanusa, one of British Columbia’s most beautiful natural playgrounds. Power boating and watersports, a relaxing day fishing in the sun, late night campfire songs and star gazing, or swimming at dawn to the lyrical call of loons.
Looking forward to sharing it with you all. In the meantime be well, be active and go live life.
IMPORTANT NOTE : The above schedule is prone to changes. Adventures and accommodations are added and sometimes, due to weather, cancellations, unforeseen events some are postponed or cancelled. This is a tentative schedule and it is subject to changes.
If your region would like to be a FEATURED DESTINATION on one of our future research road trips call our office 1.877.923.3764 and find out more. Please be aware destinations are based on where we are researching in the country at that time and on the overall participation of businesses in your community on our ehCanadaTravel.com website.
ehCanadaTravel.com (eh Canada Travel & Adventure) is the largest and fastest growing booking, planning and researching tourism and travel website for Western and Northern Canada currently expanding into Eastern and Atlantic Canada. The EH Team Brothers (Co Founders) also author the eh Canada Travel Blog which was recently awarded “A Top Canadian Blogger” by FlightNetwork.com.