|B.C. Kayaking Adventures are located on the westcoast of Canada. It is the 3rd largest province and consists of ocean coastlines, lakes and an abundance of water activities. [ Link ]|
|Alberta Kayaking Adventures are located in a western Canadian prairie province which is home to the Rocky Mountain Range, Boreal Forest, chain of lakes and raging rivers. [ Link ]|
|Saskatchewan Kayaking Adventures are located in a central prairie province which is home to Boreal Forest, grasslands, wetlands, rivers and 10,000 lakes. [ Link ]|
|Yukon Kayaking Adventures are located in a wilderness environment with looming mountains, rivers, connecting lakes and wildlife viewing opportunities. [ Link ]|
|NWT Kayaking Adventures are located in a wilderness environment at the doorway to the Arctic Circle. Home to waterfalls, raging rivers, Great Slave Lake and wildlife. [ Link ]|
Canada kayaking is enjoyed on three fronts - the rivers, the lakes and the oceans. Each Canada kayak experience is different and requires a unique set of water skills. The sport of kayaking can be enjoyed in every season in some areas of Canada but it is mostly enjoyed during the spring, summer and fall seasons.
Sea (Ocean) kayaking involves challenging tides, under tow currents, ocean swells, unpredictable weather, wayward driftwood logs, beach landings and launches.
River kayaking involves white water rapids, submerged boulders, floating trees, put ins and take out points.
Lake kayaking includes swells, heavy winds, boat traffic and unpredictable weather.
Every province and territory in Canada enjoys a selection of kayak waterways ranging from very difficult to easy. Some waterways connect together forming long haul, overnight kayak routes with wilderness camping. Other kayak paddle routes are shorter and are designed for 1/2 day to full day trips.
There are many opportunities for self guided and guided kayaking adventures. With a little bit of research, the proper equipment and some route preparation an experienced kayaker can plan a self guided kayak adventure anywhere in Canada.
For the less experienced, there are Canada kayak tour groups and resorts operating on many of the major Canadian rivers, lakes and oceans providing, both, day and multi-day paddle adventures.
Canada kayak tours and guides provide knowledge and experience to every adventure. Less accomplished kayakers are encouraged to book with a kayak group. The guides and tour operators provide the kayak equipment, kayak lessons and a guide on most, every, paddle trip.
Some Canada Kayaking Tips
- bring hat, sunglasses and sun screen.
- beginners on ocean and river should all kayak in tours for safety reasons.
- research kayak tours and guides for the perfect adventure for your group.
- rentals available at most major parks.
- kayak tour companies provide equipment, guides and accommodations.
- pack water proof matches and lighter.
- beginners should all take lessons.
- always lock vehicle in parking lot while kayaking.
- outfitter stores are a good source for kayaking advice.
- know your limits on the water.
- make sure to secure kayak with good knots when exploring on shore.
- dress in layers as weather changes quickly out on the water.
- wear bright colors so you are easily identifiable on the water.
- consider purchasing dry bags for keeping equipment dry.
- do not litter on the water.
Most Popular Winter Adventures
Canada Wildlife ... learn more about wildlife like bears, moose, bison, cougar, caribou, fox and more.