|B.C. Houseboating Adventures are located on the westcoast of Canada. It is the 3rd largest province and consists of many lakes with houseboat rentals and tours. . [ Link ]|
|Saskatchewan Houseboating Adventures are located in a central prairie province which is home to lakes and reservoirs surrounded by forest and 10,000 lakes. [ Link ]|
Canada houseboating is a summer activity enjoyed on a number of specific large lakes located throughout Canada.
There are houseboating rental companies, houseboating events and houseboating tours in Canada. Tours are often entertained by interpretive guides.
The majority of the houseboat adventure companies in Canada operate in the provinces of British Columbia and Ontario (there are exceptions). This is due to the warm climate, longer seasons and the abundance of larger communities located on larger lakes.
The Canadian houseboating season is relatively short otherwise - therefore it is largely dependant on weather and location. In most cases the Canadian houseboating season begins in May and continues until late September.
Canada houseboat rentals for self guided adventures are generally popular for small private group functions like reunions, family gatherings, business retreats and weddings.
Houseboat rentals vary in quality, amenities and price - most noticeably in quality. Some of the features included with a Canadian houseboat may include a hot tub, ski doo, bar, sleeping quarters, viewing deck, kitchen, diving board, satellite tv, dinghy and sound system.
Some Canada Houseboating Tips
- research houseboating companies as per your likes and dislikes.
- confirm size of houseboat.
- confirm people capacity of houseboat.
- confirm the amenities included with your houseboat.
- book in advance for best selection of houseboat.
- listen carefully to the orientation session which is provided for every houseboat rental.
- travel slow and gas will last allot longer.
- prepare for rain and pack entertainment for the indoors if required.
- make sure to tie up the houseboat properly when exploring on shore.
- have someone always at the controls when houseboat is in motion.
- pick your mates carefully as the quarters are tight and wrong mates can quickly ruin a vacation.
Most Popular Winter Adventures
Canada Wildlife ... learn more about wildlife like bears, moose, bison, cougar, caribou, fox and more.