Canada Bed and Breakfasts (B&Bs)
|British Columbia B&Bs are located on the westcoast of Canada. It is the 3rd largest province and consists of three main mountain ranges and two-thirds of the province is covered in forest. [ Link ]|
|Alberta B&Bs are located in a western Canadian prairie province which is home to the Rocky Mountain Range, Boreal Forest, chain of lakes, dinosaur fossils and hoodoos. [ Link ]|
|Saskatchewan B&Bs are located in a central prairie province which is home to historical sites, canola fields, Boreal Forest, grasslands, Canadian Shield and 10,000 lakes. [ Link ]|
|Yukon B&Bs are located in a wilderness environment with looming mountains, glaciers, rivers and wildlife. Home to some of the most scenic sightseeing highways in Canada and the Northern Lights. [ Link ]|
|NWT B&Bs are located in a wilderness environment at the doorway to the Arctic Circle. Home to waterfalls, lakes, the Canadian Shield, the Northern Lights and free roaming buffalo herds. [ Link ]|
Canada Bed and Breakfasts, also referred to as Canada B&Bs, are located in almost every Canadian community in every province and territory. Most Canadian B&Bs are located in residential homes with the owners onsite. These home-base type Bed & Breakfasts usually provide up to 2-3 guest rooms.
The larger Canada Bed and Breakfasts operate more like inns providing many more accommodation rooms and, in many cases, a wider selection of guest services and amenities.
B&Bs come in the form of residential homes, historic inns, tree houses, boat houses, long houses, ranches, mountain chalets, basement suites and more. All Canadian B&Bs vary greatly in price and quality of service.
Most Canada B&Bs include the basics like beds, TV, phone, catered or self catered breakfasts and bathroom (shared or private).
Some higher end Canadian Bed & Breakfasts and B&B Inns provide additional services such as front desk service, private entrance, activity equipment rentals, tours, common or private dinning area, restaurant, 24 hour room service, spa, games room, lounge, pool, gardens, pubs and more.
Canada Bed & Breakfast Accommodation Booking Tips
- confirm breakfast menus and what time is breakfast? Indicate any specific food requirements for sensitive diets.
- confirm what is the price of the B&B accommodation with taxes included?
- confirm what amenities are included that are important to you like private
- bathroom, private entrance, common room, phone, internet, fridge, satellite tv, size of beds?
- confirm the hours for coming and going?
- confirm parking and security.
- ask if there is a special price for extended nights? (if applicable)
- if allergic to cats or dogs, ask about animals living in or recently visiting with B&B? Ask about all allergies?
- ask for travel tips and confirm directions to the accommodation and nearby attractions?
- What are hours of check in and check out?
and please mention you saw their B&B on the Canada EH Tourism Network.
Canada Wildlife ... learn more about wildlife like bears, moose, bison, cougar, caribou, fox and more.