Adventure travel - tourism guide
|B.C. Cycling adventures are located on the westcoast of Canada. It is the 3rd largest province and consists of mountain highways, country roads and an abundance of wilderness scenery. [ Link ]|
|Alberta Cycling adventures are located in a western Canadian prairie province which is home to the Rocky Mountain Range, Boreal Forest, prairie highways and roads. [ Link ]|
|Saskatchewan Cycling adventures are located in a central prairie province which is home to Boreal Forest, grasslands, wetlands, 10,000 lakes and long, level prairie highways. [ Link ]|
|Yukon Cycling adventures are located in a wilderness environment with looming mountain highways, glaciers, rivers, connecting lakes and wildlife viewing opportunities. [ Link ]|
|NWT Cycling adventures are located in a wilderness environment at the doorway to the Arctic Circle. Home to waterfalls, lakes, wildlife and Canadian Shield highways. [ Link ]|
Canada cycling provides an excellent opportunity to sightsee the country. Throughout Canada there are many highways and backcountry paved roads ideal for cycling that are attracting cyclists from all around the world.
Some roads are remote and see little traffic while others are popular transportation routes with heavy use. Within the communities in Canada there are, more and more, bike paths being developed for the ever growing cycle and biking communities.
Canada cycling communities often have cycling clubs which may be able to provide route maps and cycling information.
Cycle shops are also another good source for route information and for servicing any repairs a cyclist may require during a long ride. The best source for a safe cycling experience in Canada are the tour companies. And throughout Canada there are a few cycle guides and touring companies providing day rides and long haul tours.
Canada cycle tours and guides provide a complete cycling experience with all the arrangements already in place. Some tours and guides require that you bring your own bike while others have a selection of bikes on site as part of their inventory.
Some of the extras cycling companies, may or may not, provide on long haul rides include an itinerary, meals, accommodations, attractions, entertainment, transportation and support van
Some Canada Cycling Tips
- bring hat, sunglasses and sun screen.
- bring camera and binoculars.
- watch for vehicles on major highways
- wear a helmet at all times while cycling.
- always lock vehicle in parking lot staging area while cycling.
- always pack a spare tire and pump.
- hang backpacks when on overnight cycle trips to avoid attracting bears.
- know your cycle route and plan your route based on your fitness level.
- contact cycle clubs for joining group rides.
- check weather prior to cycling.
- always pack rain gear on long haul cycle tours.
- use biking lanes when provided.
- pack a waterproof flashlight.
- do not litter on the highways.
Most Popular Winter Adventures
Canada Wildlife ... learn more about wildlife like bears, moose, bison, cougar, caribou, fox and more.