Tis' the season to sit back and relax while watching the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) dance and jive in the skies when visiting our northern territories and northern sections of our provinces. Here are some tips on making that experience that much better.
- research lodges and resorts for Northern Light packages.
- bring liquids and snacks.
- in the north dress in layers as weather can be unpredictable.
- view lights away from urban areas. The darker the better.
- check the local weather forecasts for clear skies for best viewing.
- pack a video and camera.
- to take a picture set your digital camera with an ISO setting of 1600.
- arrive early as lights can last for a few minutes or hours.