Vancouver Island Fishing Guides, Outfitters and Charters
Vancouver Island, BC Fishing and Attraction Guide
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver Island fishing guides, lodges, outfitters and charters come in all shapes and sizes here on Vancouver Island. There are some who provide river and lake fishing while others provide ocean fishing. Fishing packages range from low key self guided fishing adventures to high end guided fishing lodges with all the fishing toys complimented by spas, restuarants, pubs and live entertainment.
Vancouver Island Fishing Tips
- West coast of Canada is often ranked as one of the best places to fish in the world for Salmon, Rockfish, Lingcod, Halibut, Shellfish, Char, Steelhead, Rainbow & Cutthroat Trout.
- Sport Fishing Vancouver Island is seasonal. Make sure to check open and close season dates for particular fish species.
- There are limits to how many fish you can catch and keep.
- All who fish in British Columbia are required to purchase a fishing licence.
- When fishing around Vancouver Island beware that the waters are heavily populated with sharp reefs, hidden shoals and other marine traffic. All fishing enthusiasts out on the water should have tidal and navigation charts, updated weather conditions, gps, compass, depth sounder, VHF radio and safety equipment.
Featured Vancouver Island Fishing Adventures
Some of the more popular mulit-day Vancouver Island fishing destinations include the waters around Bamfield, Campbell River, Winter Harbour, Victoria, Nanaimo, Ucluelet, Tofino, and Port Hardy.
Explore fishing guides, outfitters and charters on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
To plan and research your next Vancouver Island fishing adventure please visit any of our communities on this website. In each Vancouver Island community is an "Attraction" category which lists participating fishing guides and outfitters, as well as, fishing lodges. Under the "Parks, Trails and Places" category their are information pages about various lakes, rivers and ocean fishing destinations in the region.