BECOME A TRAVEL WRITER, BLOGGER and/or PHOTOGRAPHER with CANADA eh TRAVEL
Do you like to explore Canada? Do you like to write? Would you like to learn how to write travel stories? Do you always have a camera nearby? Do you visit parks? Attend Events? Hike trails? Canoe rivers? Go on road trips? Enjoy outdoor activities? Explore farmer's markets, historic sites, art galleries, wineries, picnic sites, etc? If so, then share it with the world. We want to hear from you!
We invite budding Travel Writers, Bloggers and Photographers to join the growing group of contributors on Canada eh Travel (18 Tourism Websites / Travel Blog / Facebook / Twitter). Join us and start having fun talking up Canada and we could, possibly, feature your work. And... we are not, necessarily, looking for professional writers either but they are always welcome too.
4 THINGS COULD HAPPEN:
- Your story could get published on one of our Canada eh Travel & Adventure websites. Your photos and text material would become part of the website and the information would be used by global online travelers when planning trips, vacations and adventures on our websites. Once quality is established some of you will be invited to become regular contributors.
- Your story could get published on our award winning travel blog.
- Your photo could be published in our Photo Galleries and/or on our Facebook and Twitter social media pages.
- Your photos could be used as a Featured Banner Photo on our websites, blog, Facebook, Twitter.
WHAT TYPE OF TRAVEL WRITER ARE YOU?
- I am a Local or Traveler : Do not worry if you have not written a travel story before. Who cares! Travel is suppose to be fun, not an english spelling bee. We are not judgemental. We are happy to assist you along the way with suggestions, spelling and grammar so to polish up your travel story. Just go out and have fun, relax and let your mind take it all in. When you get back... put it all up on screen and start typing. Just make sure it is unbiased, informational and accurate. No self promotion or promotion of businesses permitted (unless business is advertising on our websites).
- I am a Tourism Business advertising on your websites: Provide us an informational article with photos about your local parks, trails, events, waterways, adventures, etc. Submissions will be selected for posting on our websites, blog and/or social media pages. Selected submissions may be used as informational web pages on our travel websites - in which case - those submissions will be credited to you and include your Photo Listing at the bottom of the page linking to your website.
- I am a Tourism Business NOT advertising on your websites : Please refer to "I am a Local or Traveler" for submission guidelines or to "I am a Tourism Business Advertising on your Websites" after you sign up for a Photo Listing with us. [more information about advertising with us]
- I am a Travel Blogger : Enjoy submissions from fellow bloggers! We only ask that your submissions are unbiased and exclusive to Canada eh Travel & Adventure. Selected submission will be featured on our social media pages and on our award winning travel blog. Please be advised text referring to competing companies, self promotion will be removed. The blog is part of the Canada eh Travel & Adventure websites and is a marketing tool designed for our travelers, advertisers and ourselves for educational purposes. Please keep this in mind when submitting.
- I am a Content Media Company : Welcome to our tourism world Content Media Companies. We do accept submissions to our award winning travel blog with links embedded in the text for a fee of $199 CDN (+tax). 1 or 2 embedded links connecting to websites are permitted per submission within reason. Links are subject to approval. We DO NOT accept embedded links in any text anywhere on our travel websites.
- The highest % of submissions accepted for publication are from writers and bloggers who submit non bias, helpful and informational travel articles that assist travelers in researching travel and adventure in Canada.
- All submissions are subject to approval. Selected stories are subject to editing and content review.
- All submissions must be submitted in English or French.
- Submissions are NOT to be used for self promotion.
- Embedded links in the text connecting to tourism website competitors or tourism businesses which DO NOT advertise on our travel websites are NOT PERMITTED in travel submissions.
- Embedded text links are PERMITTED when they connect to tourism businesses who advertise on our websites and... to tourism websites who are our partners and... to sponsors who provide us adventure products for our research. (1-2 links per submission).
Our Websites : 1000 to 2000 words of text and 2-3 photos. Submission should include an introduction paragraph, a body of text and a summary paragraph. Please include location, facts, distances, sightings, condition, scenery in the who, what, where, when, why and how of your travel story. Please view any of our park, trail, historic site or adventure informational pages on our websites for inspiration.
Blog : 500 - 750 words of text and 1-2 photos. Please view blog posts for format and style of writing. [blog]
Photo Submission : Size 800 x 500 pixels. Include with photo a brief description, location and province.
Send your submission to : media [at] leaphere.com
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SUBMIT. Because of, sometimes, high submission volumes we are unable to contact everyone and therefore only selected submissions will be contacted.
Canada Wildlife ... learn more about wildlife like bears, moose, bison, cougar, caribou, fox and more.