Canada Snowboarding & Terrain Parks
|B.C. Snowboard Adventures are located on the westcoast of Canada. It is the 3rd largest province in Canada and the province with the highest number of snowboard mountains in Canada. [ Link ]|
|Alberta Snowboard Adventures are located in a western Canadian prairie province which is home to the Rocky Mountains and some very popular snowboard resorts and villages. [ Link ]|
|Saskatchewan Snowboard Adventures are located in a central prairie province which is home to to some snowboard hills, terrain parks and small resort mountain villages. [ Link ]|
Canada snowboarding is a popular winter activity in Canada during the winter season because of the many ski hills, snowboard parks, high elevation mountains and large accumulations of powder snow. The snowboard season usually begins in December and runs until mid April - weather permitting.
The majority of the snowboard hills are located on the mountains in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. Many of the ski hills in Canada have dedicated sections of the mountain for snowboarders called terrain parks. These snowboard parks include pipes, drops, jumps, downhill and trick runs.
Each ski hill has a selection of shared ski and snowboard runs. They include green (easy), blue (intermediate) and black diamond (difficult) ski runs. All serviced by a network of chair lifts, gondolas, t-bars and tow ropes.
The snowboard hills in Canada range in size, services and amenities. There are small hills with minimum services and a select number of ski runs. There are large mountain resort villages, designated townships, with every service under the sun.
Most Canada ski hills have a lodge and provide snowboard rentals and lessons. The larger mountain resorts are self contained villages with services including accommodations, gift shops, restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, ski shops, liquor store, entertainment, retail stores and attractions.
Some Canada Snowboarding Tips
- not all black diamond snowboard runs are created equal.
- always snowboard within your abilities.
- snowboard lessons and rentals are available on most ski hills.
- bring sunglasses and goggles as the snow reflects light making it very bright on the eyes.
- be aware of others in the terrain parks.
- do not snowboard recklessly in public areas.
- do not snowboard under the influence of alcohol.
- dress in layers as weather changes fast in the mountains.
- bring dry clothes for the end of the day change of clothes.
- always look uphill and give way to others prior to beginning a snowboard run.
- do not bud in lift line ups.
- pack electronics in plastic bag for protection from snow and wet conditions.
- pack lip balm for chap lips.
Most Popular Winter Adventures
Canada Wildlife ... learn more about wildlife like bears, moose, bison, cougar, caribou, fox and more.